Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sweeeeeeeeeeet-Dis-po-sition

Nothing else really exciting has happened this past week, haha that's about it. As far as crazy foods go, I have no idea what weird things I'll be eating once I get out into the field, but since being here I've already had quite the variety- Astronaut Ice Cream, Bacon Flavored Mints, Chicken Hearts, and Pigs Feet. All very interesting. We, as a district, have also discovered that no living human being has the capacity or self-discipline to put a skittle in their mouth, and let it disolve entirely without chewing.
Tomorrow I'll hit 6 weeks here in the MTC. Not much else to say other than what I've said in the past. The time is going by sooooooo fast. Tomorrow we'll be getting a new district of Russian speaking missionaries in our branch (6 Elders and 3 Sisters) We don't know where they're going, but it's probably to Russia. The other Russian speaking Branch is empty now, except for one district of ten that got here the same time we did, and they're getting 18 more missionaries. It's been weird without all the older missionaries this week, but it'll be nice to see some new faces.
Last Tuesday's devotional was from H. Ross Workman (Emeritus 70) and it was way good. One thing he mentioned that I've been thinking about was Hebrews 11:1. When we keep a commandment, sometimes we don't see immediate results, and the blessing is delayed. When this happens, our faith is tested and it grows. It kinda got me thinking about the blessing of "delayed blessings" and how important it is that our faith be tried before we see results. It also puts things into a different perspective, about what truly motivates us to action. I've also been doing a lot of study in the first few chapters of Mosiah-with King Benjamin's address. I've come to love it more and more everyday, and see the truth in it. Anyway, that's a bit about what's been on my mind lately.
I have a feeling that tonight's devotional is going to be from an apostle - I can just feel it. I'll let ya'll know next week. I would still have to say that my favorite part about the MTC is the devotionals on Sunday and Tuesday nights. They always get me so excited to be a part of this work. I am truly grateful for this opportunity that I have been given to serve our Master Jesus Christ. Especially grateful to do it in the Baltic.
Anyway, my time is up, my typing skills are dimishing little by little each week, I feel like I have less and less to share, haha.
Thank you all for the letters, prayers, love and support.
Love- Elder Austin P. Atkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment